Designed for more exposed sites, the TUBEX Combitube combines the benefits of a solid base for improved establishment and reliable protection, with a ventilated upper section, allowing the tree to acclimatise before emerging from the shelter.
TUBEX Combitube is designed to last a minimum of 5 years*, boosting the chances of survival and healthy growth through the early stages of the tree’s life. Ventilation is provided by a number of 0.16’’ laser-generated perforations in a set of 4’’ deep bands at the top of the shelter, allowing for ‘wind rock’ to strengthen both root and stem as well as hardening the bark of the tree. 18’’ of solid base allows chemical spraying and creates the microclimate, whilst the perforations ventilate the tree and are small enough for the branches not to grow through
Hints & Tips
- Use a well-driven quality stake to a soil depth of at least 1’ (possibly deeper in cultivated soil).
- Using the TUBEX Combitube’s natural strength, push the shelter into the ground to remove gaps at the base.
- If tree fills shelter diameter before the normal degradation period (5 years +), consider removing the shelter
or manually initiating the laserline split.
- Heights: 4’ 5’ & 6’
- Nests: 5 tubes
- Color: Light Green
- Diameters: 3.15’’ to 4.7’’
- Bundles: 60 tubes
- Ties: 2 x 10”
TUBEX Combitube treeshelter with twin-wall tubular construction, laserline, manufactured from environmentally harmless polypropylene, with abrasion-reducing flared rim, added strengthening rods and pre-fitted releasable ratchet ties.
- UV stabilized polypropylene, harmless to the environment
- Two nylon ratchet tie attachments
- Flared rim to minimise stem abrasion
- Pre-fitted premium, releasable ratchet ties for ease of installation and maintenance
- TUBEX Laserline - laser generated perforations forming a line of controlled weakness along the shelter, designed to burst as the tree fills the shelter
- Built-in strengthening rods prevent ties tearing the shelter in strong winds (unique to TUBEX)
- Durable twin-wall construction for the best possible strength-to-weight ratio
- UV stabilized to provide an estimated lifespan of 5-7 years (can vary beyond this range depending on site conditions)
- Suitable for a wide range of planting stock and most site conditions to provide improved growth and survival rates, and reliable browsing protection
- A cost effective alternative to traditional rabbit & deer fencing